With no internet, we have no weather forecast so we decided that we would go based on yesterday’s weather forecast and if was windy we would go around to the east end of Lesvos check out there and get ready for the next good weather day to jump to Turkey. It was another nice day and we headed south.It was a quiet crossing with the wind picking up slowly behind us. One of the things that a lot of the cruisers do is check into Turkey without checking out of Greece. Not exactly cricket but it allows them to keep both the Greece transit log and the Turkish transit log open so you can move back and forth between the Turkish coast and the islands of Greece. So about half way down Kethos we did a dog leg to Turkey and checked into Turkey at Cesme.
We checked out a couple of anchorages but after being buzzed to death and breaking the dinghy at the last water sports resort bay, the anchorages did not look appealing. We were planning on anchoring for a couple days and then coming into the marina to get the transit log and officially check in. Once we were in the marina we could arrange our trip to Ismir Airport for our flight to Istanbul and then home. It was shabbot starting tonight so Rick decided to go into the marina and settle a little early.
We checked on how to get to the airport and the hour taxi ride for two people was more expensive than the hour flight for two people, checking with the marina office they could get one of the hotel shuttles to pick us up a little earlier and get us to the airport for 20 euro each, not bad at all.
So our passage home is all arranged, we are settled in place until we leave, and the trip is almost done for us. We’ll get to tour a little around Cesme and relax after the trip around Greece.
We took a long trip to get around the Meltimi but we made it to Turkey. We didn’t get as far as we wanted to in Turkey but we had an incredible trip. And it’s still blowing 35 knots in the Cyclades.